Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list

OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:00 PM

Hi,
Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network.

OK, please let me know.

Thank you.

George

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc
Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator
MCCIP Secretariat
Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/)
The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas)
Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK
Tel: +44(0)1502 524340
Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.ukmailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk
Follow us on:
[Twitter] https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK  [LinkedIn] http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas

This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas' computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340 Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk<mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> Follow us on: [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas' computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:05 PM

Hi George,

I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org).  That
said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing!

:-) Beth

Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS  www.ocean-gems.org

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <
oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <

[image: Twitter] https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK [image: LinkedIn]
http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas

This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only.
Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not
permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and
notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and
opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect
those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored
and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for
other lawful purposes.

oceanliteracynetwork mailing list
oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net

Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network < oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> wrote: > Hi, > Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to > join our oceanliteracy network. > > OK, please let me know. > > Thank you. > > George > > > From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" < > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" < > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM > To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" < > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list > > > > > > *Georgia Bayliss-Brown* BSc (Hons) MSc > Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator > MCCIP Secretariat > Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) > The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) > Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK > > Tel: +44(0)1502 524340 > Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk > > Follow us on: > [image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [image: LinkedIn] > <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> > > > > > > > This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. > Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not > permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and > notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and > opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect > those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored > and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for > other lawful purposes. > > > > _______________________________________________ > oceanliteracynetwork mailing list > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > > http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net > >
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Hi Beth!

Sorry for the confusion….I am hoping to join the ocean literacy network please =)

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc
Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator
MCCIP Secretariat
Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/)
The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas)
Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK
Tel: +44(0)1502 524340tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340
[...]

Hi Beth! Sorry for the confusion….I am hoping to join the ocean literacy network please =) From: oceanliteracynetwork [mailto:oceanliteracynetwork-bounces@list.oceanliteracy.net] On Behalf Of Ocean Literacy Network Sent: 15 May 2015 16:06 To: Ocean Literacy Network Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org<http://ocean-gems.org>). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org<http://www.ocean-gems.org> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340<tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340> Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk<mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> Follow us on: [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:11 PM

Please do not "reply all".

 From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net
 Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
 To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net
[...]

Please do not "reply all". On 5/15/2015 11:05 AM, Ocean Literacy Network wrote: > Hi George, > > I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org > <http://ocean-gems.org>). That said, it's nice to learn about the > MCCIP & the work you are doing! > > :-) Beth > > > Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org > <http://www.ocean-gems.org> > > On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network > <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: > > Hi, > Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is > asking to join our oceanliteracy network. > > OK, please let me know. > > Thank you. > > George > > > From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" > <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> > Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" > <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> > Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM > To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" > <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> > Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list > > *Georgia Bayliss-Brown*BSc (Hons) MSc > Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator > MCCIP Secretariat > Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) > The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) > Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK > > Tel: +44(0)1502 524340 <tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340> > Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk > <mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> > > Follow us on: > Twitter <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK>LinkedIn > <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> > > > > > > This email and any attachments are intended for the named > recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, > storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in > error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In > messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions > expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect > those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be > monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the > system and for other lawful purposes. > > > > _______________________________________________ > oceanliteracynetwork mailing list > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > <mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net > > > > > _______________________________________________ > oceanliteracynetwork mailing list > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:14 PM

Wow - Hi Beth.  This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists.  I received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, and now the reply went to you!

I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational videogames and education programs on ocean issues.

On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary.

Would love to learn more of your work.  Where are you all based - Arizona?

Kind Regards,

George

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

[...]

Wow - Hi Beth. This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists. I received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, and now the reply went to you! I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational videogames and education programs on ocean issues. On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary. Would love to learn more of your work. Where are you all based - Arizona? Kind Regards, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org<http://ocean-gems.org>). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org<http://www.ocean-gems.org> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340<tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340> Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk<mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> Follow us on: [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas' computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:23 PM

Wow - that is very cool...I just popped over to the OPEN
website...definitely complementary, as we've been exploring the creation of
video games based on the work our marine scientists conduct!

Yup. We are in Prescott, AZ - but travel a lot! Just home late night before
last from a dive/ film trip to Mexico & prior to that, 3 months in New
Zealand & Komodo...so catching up before heading off to the Arctic for 5
weeks.  Where are you located?

When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his
(now decade old demo reel):  www.tomcampbell.com  and I'm at
www.bethdavidow.com

Looking forward to learning more about your work at OPEN - and who knows.
Perhaps this cross circuit will prove serendipitous!

:-) Beth

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <
oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <
[...]

Wow - that is very cool...I just popped over to the OPEN website...definitely complementary, as we've been exploring the creation of video games based on the work our marine scientists conduct! Yup. We are in Prescott, AZ - but travel a lot! Just home late night before last from a dive/ film trip to Mexico & prior to that, 3 months in New Zealand & Komodo...so catching up before heading off to the Arctic for 5 weeks. Where are you located? When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his (now decade old demo reel): www.tomcampbell.com and I'm at www.bethdavidow.com Looking forward to learning more about your work at OPEN - and who knows. Perhaps this cross circuit will prove serendipitous! :-) Beth On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Ocean Literacy Network < oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> wrote: > Wow – Hi Beth. This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists. I > received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, > and now the reply went to you! > > I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational > videogames and education programs on ocean issues. > > On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary. > > Would love to learn more of your work. Where are you all based – > Arizona? > > Kind Regards, > > George > > From: Ocean Literacy Network < > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network < > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM > To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> > Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list > > Hi George, > > I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org). > That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! > > :-) Beth > > > Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org > > On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network < > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> wrote: > >> Hi, >> Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to >> join our oceanliteracy network. >> >> OK, please let me know. >> >> Thank you. >> >> George >> >> >> From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" < >> oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> >> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" < >> oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> >> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM >> To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" < >> oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> >> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list >> >> >> >> >> >> *Georgia Bayliss-Brown* BSc (Hons) MSc >> Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator >> MCCIP Secretariat >> Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) >> The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) >> Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK >> >> Tel: +44(0)1502 524340 >> Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk >> >> Follow us on: >> [image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [image: LinkedIn] >> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient >> only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is >> not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies >> and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and >> opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect >> those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored >> and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for >> other lawful purposes. >> >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> oceanliteracynetwork mailing list >> oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net >> >> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > oceanliteracynetwork mailing list > oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net > > http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net > >
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:29 PM

Hi Beth,
Yes that's great.  I am based in San Francisco, but moving back to Boston soon.  We have been funded and did our research and development work on educational game-based learning with the US Dept o Education, the National Science Foundation and NASA.

In addition to US Dept of Education support and all we have many great partners US and international, and have several games in cue.

Our mission is to get the kids excited about environmental sciences and issues, particularly ocean environmental issues/science, focusing on 21st century global challenges as game topics (there are many).  But first things first, and that is ocean awareness and education!

Sure when you have a pause in your travels, let's connect by Skype and explore how we might help one another.

Best wishes to you and your team on your great work.

All the Best,

George

From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM
To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his (now decade old demo reel):  www.tomcampbell.comhttp://www.tomcampbell.com  and I'm at www.bethdavidow.comhttp://www.bethdavidow.com

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

[...]

Hi Beth, Yes that's great. I am based in San Francisco, but moving back to Boston soon. We have been funded and did our research and development work on educational game-based learning with the US Dept o Education, the National Science Foundation and NASA. In addition to US Dept of Education support and all we have many great partners US and international, and have several games in cue. Our mission is to get the kids excited about environmental sciences and issues, particularly ocean environmental issues/science, focusing on 21st century global challenges as game topics (there are many). But first things first, and that is ocean awareness and education! Sure when you have a pause in your travels, let's connect by Skype and explore how we might help one another. Best wishes to you and your team on your great work. All the Best, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Wow - that is very cool...I just popped over to the OPEN website...definitely complementary, as we've been exploring the creation of video games based on the work our marine scientists conduct! Yup. We are in Prescott, AZ - but travel a lot! Just home late night before last from a dive/ film trip to Mexico & prior to that, 3 months in New Zealand & Komodo...so catching up before heading off to the Arctic for 5 weeks. Where are you located? When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his (now decade old demo reel): www.tomcampbell.com<http://www.tomcampbell.com> and I'm at www.bethdavidow.com<http://www.bethdavidow.com> Looking forward to learning more about your work at OPEN - and who knows. Perhaps this cross circuit will prove serendipitous! :-) Beth On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Wow – Hi Beth. This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists. I received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, and now the reply went to you! I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational videogames and education programs on ocean issues. On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary. Would love to learn more of your work. Where are you all based – Arizona? Kind Regards, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org<http://ocean-gems.org>). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org<http://www.ocean-gems.org> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340<tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340> Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk<mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> Follow us on: [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:33 PM

Beth,
I'm not sure if our emails are public even when I just hit reply.  New to this mail list.

So write me at – gnewman@oneplaneteducation.com from your email and we can chat off-group, so we don't muck up the system.

Thank you.

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

[...]

Beth, I'm not sure if our emails are public even when I just hit reply. New to this mail list. So write me at – gnewman@oneplaneteducation.com from your email and we can chat off-group, so we don't muck up the system. Thank you. G From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Wow - that is very cool...I just popped over to the OPEN website...definitely complementary, as we've been exploring the creation of video games based on the work our marine scientists conduct! Yup. We are in Prescott, AZ - but travel a lot! Just home late night before last from a dive/ film trip to Mexico & prior to that, 3 months in New Zealand & Komodo...so catching up before heading off to the Arctic for 5 weeks. Where are you located? When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his (now decade old demo reel): www.tomcampbell.com<http://www.tomcampbell.com> and I'm at www.bethdavidow.com<http://www.bethdavidow.com> Looking forward to learning more about your work at OPEN - and who knows. Perhaps this cross circuit will prove serendipitous! :-) Beth On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Wow – Hi Beth. This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists. I received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, and now the reply went to you! I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational videogames and education programs on ocean issues. On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary. Would love to learn more of your work. Where are you all based – Arizona? Kind Regards, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org<http://ocean-gems.org>). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org<http://www.ocean-gems.org> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340<tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340> Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk<mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> Follow us on: [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:36 PM

Hi, It's Carol from Scottsdale.  Not sure which Beth this is, but very curious.  I was an Explorer School Team Lead.  Sounds great.  Love to hear all the work going on.

To: oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net

Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM

To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net

[...]

Hi, It's Carol from Scottsdale. Not sure which Beth this is, but very curious. I was an Explorer School Team Lead. Sounds great. Love to hear all the work going on. To: oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:33:19 +0000 From: oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Beth, I'm not sure if our emails are public even when I just hit reply. New to this mail list. So write me at – gnewman@oneplaneteducation.com from your email and we can chat off-group, so we don't muck up the system. Thank you. G From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Wow - that is very cool...I just popped over to the OPEN website...definitely complementary, as we've been exploring the creation of video games based on the work our marine scientists conduct! Yup. We are in Prescott, AZ - but travel a lot! Just home late night before last from a dive/ film trip to Mexico & prior to that, 3 months in New Zealand & Komodo...so catching up before heading off to the Arctic for 5 weeks. Where are you located? When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his (now decade old demo reel): www.tomcampbell.com and I'm at www.bethdavidow.com Looking forward to learning more about your work at OPEN - and who knows. Perhaps this cross circuit will prove serendipitous! :-) Beth On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> wrote: Wow – Hi Beth. This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists. I received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, and now the reply went to you! I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational videogames and education programs on ocean issues. On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary. Would love to learn more of your work. Where are you all based – Arizona? Kind Regards, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> wrote: Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340 Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk Follow us on: This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net
OL
Ocean Literacy Network
Fri, May 15, 2015 3:39 PM

Hi, Beth and George!
Sorry to intrude, but I've been receiving your conversation through (I think) my participation in OPEN website.

We have 7 Biology Teachers and 2 Environmental Systems/Aquatic Science teachers who are crazy for the work you are doing on OPEN and also the games available on the website. Please, I would like more information on the website you referenced that Beth referred to also...is that possible?

We have a Summer Bridge event at South Padre Island, 20 miles from us, in July and our incoming 9th graders will be seining and classifying organisms, visiting Turtle, Inc. and the Birding Center and then working on simulated case studies using data that they glean from these visits.

How can we all collaborate, perhaps though OPEN, to continue these conversations - it's so exciting to know what others are doing and share!

Genny Sterling
Dean of Instruction
Rivera Early College High School
Brownsville I.S.D.
6955 FM 802
Brownsville, Texas 78521
Phone: 956-698-0971
[cid:image003.png@01D08EFB.719E4E40]

This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of the Brownsville Independent School District, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

BISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or genetic information in employment or provision of services, programs or activities.

BISD no discrimina a base de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, religión, edad, discapacidad o información genética en el empleo o en la provisión de servicios, programas o actividades

From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM
To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.netmailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>

[...]

Hi, Beth and George! Sorry to intrude, but I've been receiving your conversation through (I think) my participation in OPEN website. We have 7 Biology Teachers and 2 Environmental Systems/Aquatic Science teachers who are crazy for the work you are doing on OPEN and also the games available on the website. Please, I would like more information on the website you referenced that Beth referred to also...is that possible? We have a Summer Bridge event at South Padre Island, 20 miles from us, in July and our incoming 9th graders will be seining and classifying organisms, visiting Turtle, Inc. and the Birding Center and then working on simulated case studies using data that they glean from these visits. How can we all collaborate, perhaps though OPEN, to continue these conversations - it's so exciting to know what others are doing and share! Genny Sterling Dean of Instruction Rivera Early College High School Brownsville I.S.D. 6955 FM 802 Brownsville, Texas 78521 Phone: 956-698-0971 [cid:image003.png@01D08EFB.719E4E40] This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of the Brownsville Independent School District, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. BISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or genetic information in employment or provision of services, programs or activities. BISD no discrimina a base de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, religión, edad, discapacidad o información genética en el empleo o en la provisión de servicios, programas o actividades From: oceanliteracynetwork [mailto:oceanliteracynetwork-bounces@list.oceanliteracy.net] On Behalf Of Ocean Literacy Network Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 10:30 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi Beth, Yes that's great. I am based in San Francisco, but moving back to Boston soon. We have been funded and did our research and development work on educational game-based learning with the US Dept o Education, the National Science Foundation and NASA. In addition to US Dept of Education support and all we have many great partners US and international, and have several games in cue. Our mission is to get the kids excited about environmental sciences and issues, particularly ocean environmental issues/science, focusing on 21st century global challenges as game topics (there are many). But first things first, and that is ocean awareness and education! Sure when you have a pause in your travels, let's connect by Skype and explore how we might help one another. Best wishes to you and your team on your great work. All the Best, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:23 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Wow - that is very cool...I just popped over to the OPEN website...definitely complementary, as we've been exploring the creation of video games based on the work our marine scientists conduct! Yup. We are in Prescott, AZ - but travel a lot! Just home late night before last from a dive/ film trip to Mexico & prior to that, 3 months in New Zealand & Komodo...so catching up before heading off to the Arctic for 5 weeks. Where are you located? When you have a few minutes, check out my partner's website & watch his (now decade old demo reel): www.tomcampbell.com<http://www.tomcampbell.com> and I'm at www.bethdavidow.com<http://www.bethdavidow.com> Looking forward to learning more about your work at OPEN - and who knows. Perhaps this cross circuit will prove serendipitous! :-) Beth On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Wow - Hi Beth. This is some cross-circuitry on mailing lists. I received this note this morning from MCCIP, of which I have no connection, and now the reply went to you! I am with One Planet Education Network (OPEN) making educational videogames and education programs on ocean issues. On a quick check of your site, seems like we are complementary. Would love to learn more of your work. Where are you all based - Arizona? Kind Regards, George From: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM To: Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: Re: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Hi George, I'm not sure why your email is coming to me (we are ocean-gems.org<http://ocean-gems.org>). That said, it's nice to learn about the MCCIP & the work you are doing! :-) Beth Co-Founder/ Producer: Ocean GEMS www.ocean-gems.org<http://www.ocean-gems.org> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Ocean Literacy Network <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> wrote: Hi, Not sure I am being asked to join or if Ms. Bayliss-Brown is asking to join our oceanliteracy network. OK, please let me know. Thank you. George From: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Reply-To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM To: "oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>" <oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net>> Subject: [Oceanliteracynetwork] Please may I joining this mailing list Georgia Bayliss-Brown BSc (Hons) MSc Climate Change Scientist and Senior Science Communicator MCCIP Secretariat Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (http://www.mccip.org.uk/) The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) Pakefield Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0HT, UK Tel: +44(0)1502 524340<tel:%2B44%280%291502%20524340> Email: georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk<mailto:georgia.bayliss-brown@cefas.co.uk> Follow us on: [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/CefasGovUK> [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/cefas> This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas. Communications on Cefas' computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net _______________________________________________ oceanliteracynetwork mailing list oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net<mailto:oceanliteracynetwork@list.oceanliteracy.net> http://list.oceanliteracy.net/mailman/listinfo/oceanliteracynetwork_list.oceanliteracy.net